Sunday, September 22, 2013

September Meeting Recap

Hello Writers!

We just had our first meeting from the summer and it was pretty dang fun, if I do say so myself, and I do, because I JUST DID. Boom.

Now, on to the recap.

There are going to be some changes to the way Pens functions as a group.

WORKSHOPS will be quarterly now (one for each season). You'll still email me pieces you'd like to be workshoped and then I'll send you the date of the next planned workshoped. I'd like us to get more serious with out comments so we can really help the author improve and the best way to do that is by thoughtful reading and great feedback.

PROMPTS are going to be posted online but not "turned in" or "critiqued" like they use to be. Unless you want some advice on one that you did because you're planning to turn it in to a large piece, then you should email me at PensWithoutInk@gmail.com and we'll work with you and offer feedback.

LITERARY JOURNAL; We are going to be accepting submission starting January 1, 2014 for the first volume of our literay journal.  Will also be doing a kickstarter to raise up funding. (More information on that towards the end of the year.) We're looking at a three month open JANUARY through MARCH submission that would be happening simultaneously with the kickstarter. There will be no monetary compensation for being accepted into the journal, you will however receive a free ecopy. Our current publication date is SUMMER 2014, so start brainstorming now!

NANOWRIMO: November 2nd we'll be having a Nanowrimo gathering. There is a public Facebook event started, so check out the Pens Facebook Group page for more information. We will also be having LIVE chats during the month of November too on Facebook.

BLOGGING: I really really REALLY want to increase the amount of posts that are being done. I'd like to see some for not only writing and issues concering writing but also some book reviews. NOw, the expectation i'm setting for these posts are that they be focused on writing. For example, you read beautiful creatures, don't just say you loved it or hated it, I want to hear about the actually writing and it's affect on the story and the reader. If you'd like to do a guest piece, email me your writing. Also, I'd like it to be column style so, lets keep it as close to 500 words.

AND THAT is bascially a recap of our monthly meeting.

Until next time, keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment